Ananya Panday reveals she refused to utter sexiest dialogues in Liger; says, “I am not okay saying this”

Ananya Panday is now promoting her new series Call Me Bae. In a recent interview with Sucharita Tyagi, Ananya revealed that as a young actor in the industry, she expresses her ideas frequently. She provided the example of when she was shooting for Liger and told the producers that she was not 'comfortable' uttering a lot of the things in the script that her character says in the film.

During the conversation, Ananya said, “The way we are exposed to things now, where you feel like it’s on your phone but it’s also so much more… I don't know how to label it. It's bad out there. Being a young, Gen-Z person, the only thing I can do is use my voice for what is important. I feel like everyone needs to stand for something, you don't need to stand for everything, but you can stand for something. That's what I try to do. Personally, for me women's safety and the state of that in our country is very important to speak about and I do voice my opinion a lot.”

She added, “Whenever I am reading a script, I have this red flag thing going on in my mind like, ‘No Gen-Z person speaks like this.’ This is not okay. It is my duty and responsibility as a woman to be that face and say this is not correct. If I say that people are going to think that it is okay. For example, Liger where there were lot of things that where I was like, ‘Listen I am not okay saying this. As a woman this is not correct.’ They actually did make those changes, and I am really happy that I did voice my opinion at that time.”

Puri Jagannadh wrote and directed Liger, a sports action-drama film. Vijay made his Bollywood debut with this movie. It was also Ananya's debut film in two languages. Vijay plays an MMA fighter in the movie. The film didn’t work at the box office.

Ananya will next be seen in Call Me Bae, which also stars Vir Das, Gurfateh Pirzada, Varun Sood, Vihaan Samat, Muskkaan Jaferi, Niharika Lyra Dutt, Lisa Mishra, and Mini Mathur in important roles. The show, executive produced by Karan Johar, Apoorva Mehta, and Somen Mishra, will premiere on Prime Video on September 6.

Also Read : Ananya Panday’s morning adventures includes snuggles with her pup Riot, see photo



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rajkummar Rao, Triptii Dimri and team of Vicky Vidya Ka Woh Wala Video celebrate wrap-up with a party, see photo

Ananya Panday looks sensational in black achromatic 3D-embroidered strapless Rahul Mishra dress with knee-high boots as she closes Lakme Fashion Week 2024, watch

Kunal Kemmu opens up about budgeting for his boys trips with Shahid Kapoor, Ishaan Khatter and others; says, “Because our tour is multiple days, there is a split system”