Ranbir Kapoor says he was glad Saawariya was a box office failure: “That really prepared me for the life ahead”

Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor recently opened up about the formative years of his career, shedding light on the unexpected lessons he learned along the way. The actor revealed that his debut film, Saawariya, which was a box-office failure, was a blessing in disguise.

In a candid conversation with Nikhil Kamath on the podcast People by WTF, Kapoor shared that the initial years of his career were marked by a strong desire to work with acclaimed filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Despite the long odds, the actor's determination led him to Bhansali’s office with a carefully crafted resume. Impressed by the young Kapoor's enthusiasm, Bhansali offered him a role as an assistant director. “When I came back, every director or producer in the industry wanted to launch me. But I was a big fan of Sanjay Leela Bhansali. I thought, ‘Maybe he doesn't know me’. So, I made a resume, and sat outside his office. I waited, he was not there, but he saw my resume, and understood who I was. The first day when he met me, he said, 'I want to make a film with you',” he said.

The experience of working under Bhansali's demanding tutelage proved to be a transformative one. Kapoor described the filmmaker as a "hard taskmaster" with a fiery temper. However, he credits this rigorous training for toughening him up and preparing him for the challenges of the entertainment industry. “It hardened me. Then Saawariya happened which again was a very big disaster. In hindsight, I'm glad it didn't do well because that really prepared me for the life ahead,” he added.

When asked about the possibility of entering politics, Kapoor was quick to dismiss the idea. He emphasized his love for the world of art and creation, and expressed his desire to continue working as an actor and director. The actor also admitted to not being a "people person," a quality he believes is essential for a successful political career. “No, I like the world of art, creation, and being an artiste. I would like to die creating things, and directing movies, I know I’m not cut out to be a producer. I produced one film, Jagga Jasoos which was a disaster at the box office. I realised it’s a skill set which I don’t have,” Ranbir said.

On the work front, Ranbir Kapoor will be seen in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Love & War and Nitesh Tiwari’s Ramayana. ALSO READ: Ranbir Kapoor says he didn’t fear death before Raha was born; quit smoking a year ago: “When I became a father, I started feeling very unhealthy”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rajkummar Rao, Triptii Dimri and team of Vicky Vidya Ka Woh Wala Video celebrate wrap-up with a party, see photo

Ananya Panday looks sensational in black achromatic 3D-embroidered strapless Rahul Mishra dress with knee-high boots as she closes Lakme Fashion Week 2024, watch

Kunal Kemmu opens up about budgeting for his boys trips with Shahid Kapoor, Ishaan Khatter and others; says, “Because our tour is multiple days, there is a split system”