Ranveer Singh lauds Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma after they announce retirement from T20I format post winning T20 World Cup 2024, see his posts

Cricket fans didn't just celebrate India's historic T20 World Cup victory, it resonated with celebrities as well. Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh took to social media to express his admiration for the team, particularly veterans Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma, who announced their retirements from T20I cricket after the win.

In an emotional Instagram story, Ranveer hailed Kohli as "The KING dropping the anchor," acknowledging his incredible T20 career that culminated in this World Cup triumph. He further praised other key players like Akshar Patel, Jasprit Bumrah, Arshdeep Singh, Suryakumar Yadav, and Hardik Pandya.

The tribute didn't stop there. Ranveer also acknowledged the guidance of India's coach and former cricketer Rahul Dravid. He called Dravid "THE WALL" – a fitting title for the legendary cricketer known for his resilience – and stated, "What a befitting tribute to one of the greatest champions of Indian cricket."

Kohli, visibly emotional after the win, confirmed his retirement decision to broadcasters. "This was my last T20 World Cup, this is exactly what we wanted to achieve," he shared. He elaborated on the pressure and the satisfaction of the win, stating, "One day you feel like you can't get a run and this happens, God is great. (It is) just the occasion, now or never kind of situation. This was my last T20 game playing for India. We wanted to lift that cup."

The news of Kohli's retirement wasn't entirely unexpected. He revealed, "Yes I have, this was an open secret (retirement). Not something that I wasn't going to announce even if we had lost. Time for the next generation to take the T20 game forward."

Following Kohli's announcement, India's captain Rohit Sharma also surprised everyone by declaring his retirement from T20I cricket. Rohit, who played a crucial role in India's journey to victory, reassured fans that he would continue leading the team in ODIs and Tests.

"This was my last (T20I) game as well," Rohit revealed during the post-match press conference. He added, "No better time to say goodbye to this format. I've loved every moment of this. I started my India career playing this format. This is what I wanted, I wanted to win the cup. I wanted this badly. Very hard to put in words. It was a very emotional moment for me. I was very desperate for this title in my life. Happy that we eventually crossed the line."

Ranveer's tribute also acknowledged Rohit's contribution and his emotional journey towards this World Cup win. The retirements of Kohli and Sharma mark a significant shift in Indian cricket. While both players will continue to contribute in other formats, their absence in the T20 arena leaves a giant void to fill. However, as Kohli himself stated, it's time for the next generation to step up and carry the legacy forward. ALSO READ: Jim Sarbh sets record straight about method acting comment, wasn’t targeting Ranveer Singh: “I only had lovely things to say about him as a co actor”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rajkummar Rao, Triptii Dimri and team of Vicky Vidya Ka Woh Wala Video celebrate wrap-up with a party, see photo

Ananya Panday looks sensational in black achromatic 3D-embroidered strapless Rahul Mishra dress with knee-high boots as she closes Lakme Fashion Week 2024, watch

Kunal Kemmu opens up about budgeting for his boys trips with Shahid Kapoor, Ishaan Khatter and others; says, “Because our tour is multiple days, there is a split system”