Producer Suneel Darshan’s Andaaz completes 22 years today. Directed by Raj Kanwar and starring Akshay Kumar, Priyanka Chopra and Lara Dutta, the movie was a musical hit. On its 22nd anniversary, Suneel Darshan looked back at it in an interview with us. Andaaz is probably the biggest hit of your career Andaaz was a creation of destiny & fate. A sudden fallout of Akshay Kumar’s dates required a quick decision to put up a project. You swung into action? I roped in my team of writers Robin Bhatt & Shyam Goel along with a competent director-friend Raj Kanwar, who was going through a low phase, and Nadeem-Shravan to compose the music album, all of which was done in forty days of relentless effort. Just forty days? To bring in a novel effect, I decided to cast fresh girls opposite Akshay, hence Lara Dutta (Miss Universe) and Priyanka Chopra (Miss World) were introduced. The entire movie, shot in Mumbai, Pune and South Africa, was completed in six months flat. The...
“Boycott Bollywood,” a trend that began in the wake of the Sushant Singh Rajput case, gained traction on social media in recent years, with many fans calling for a boycott of Bollywood films and actors. Among many other films, Laal Singh Chaddha starring Aamir Khan was also targeted by trolls. Actor Anupam Kher, who is known for his outspoken views on a range of topics, also spoke about the same recently and suggested a way to “kill the Boycott Bollywood” trend. It all happened during his recent interaction with ANI. Commenting on the Boycott Bollywood trend, Kher asserted, “I personally feel this trend will not affect a film. If your film is good, then it will work but if your film is bad, then it will affect it but not because of the trend. Everybody has freedom of expression. If an actor, actress, or film person has the right to say anything about any situation, then he/she should also be brave enough to sort of go through the situation.” Talking in the context of Aamir Khan’s fil...
Bollywood filmmaker Sajid Khan, who faced numerous sexual harassment allegations during the #MeToo movement in 2018, has opened up about the subsequent struggles he has endured. In a recent interview, Khan revealed that he contemplated suicide "many times" in the past six years due to the significant impact on his career and personal life. "Extremely Bad" Times Khan shared that the fallout from the #MeToo allegations has been deeply challenging. "I thought of ending my life many times in the last 6 years. It’s been extremely bad, in the sense that I’ve been out of work, despite getting a clearance from the Indian Film and Television Directors Association (IFTDA). I’m trying to get back on my feet,” Sajid confessed. Sajid Khan Speaks About Financial Hardship The lack of work has had a severe financial impact on Khan. He revealed that he was forced to sell his house and relocate to a rented property due to mounting financial pressures. " I was 14 when I sta...
Comments
Post a Comment